The MacBook Pro and MacBook Air from Apple have significantly enhanced the computer industry.

Apple’s Mac laptops, particularly the MacBook Pro, have become the main driving force for the company’s personal computer business. Data from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) shows that as of the September 2022 quarter, the MacBook Pro made up 54% of Mac sales, with the MacBook Air following closely behind at 46%. Laptops overall accounted for 74% of Mac units sold in 2022, while desktop computers made up the remaining 26% of units sold, which includes the iMac, Mac Pro, Mac mini, and Mac Studio.

The iMac and Mac Pro were the top performers in the desktop category, with 50% and 43% of the market share respectively. The Mac mini and Mac Studio had a much smaller share of only 4%. Despite this, Apple’s Macs remain popular among the education and enterprise sectors, with one-third of Mac purchases being made for educational use and almost half of the buyers planning to use their new computer for business purposes.

According to data from CIRP, personal use of Macs has decreased slightly over the past five years, but it still remains the primary usage. In contrast, education usage has decreased and business usage has increased significantly, becoming more prevalent than education usage.

It is important to note that Apple has not released a detailed breakdown of Mac model sales for about a decade, so the source of CIRP’s data is uncertain. However, Apple’s fourth quarter financial results for 2022 which was reported in October, reported that the revenue from Mac reached $11.5 billion, contributing to the company’s overall earnings of $90.15 billion for that quarter.

To summarize, Apple’s Mac laptops, particularly the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, have become the primary source of growth for the company’s personal computer business. These models are widely used not only by individuals for personal purposes but also in the education and enterprise sectors. As Apple continues to compete with other PC manufacturers, Macs will likely continue to play an important role in the company’s overall business strategy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.